People always associate Italian food with easy pasta dishes but that’s not always the case. Some Italian food can be a bit more complex. Making sauce from scratch, or layering the perfect Lasagna. I have had the privilege of assisting in the creating of true lasagna, but I have never tried is myself.
I don’t know why I get intimidated by it, but I do. Something about boiling the noodles, keeping them from sticking and layering everything in the perfect ratio. I just get it all built up in my head and think, “Nope, I can’t do it, nope, nope, nope.” My boyfriend however LOVES ravioli and lasagna. So my go to is always ravioli, EASY PEASY, but never lasagna. Until I found this recipe.
The Lazy Girls Ravioli Lasagna is supposed to almost trick people into thinking that the lasagna is the noodles, but I knew that my boyfriend would want the ravioli loud and proud. So that’s what I did.
Prep Time: 30 min
Cook Time: 60 min
Total: 90 min
- 1lb lean ground beef
- garlic salt
- 24oz marinara sauce
- 1-1/2lbs frozen normal sized ravioli
- 8oz shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Brown ground beef in a large skillet over medium heat, seasoning with the garlic salt and pepper, until no longer pink.
- Spread 1/4 cup marinara sauce in the bottom of an 8×8 baking dish.
- Add 1/3 the frozen ravioli, it’s ok if they’re on top of each other a bit
- Then layer the ground beef, sauce, and cheese.
- Repeat layers two more times.
- Cover with a sheet of non-stick sprayed foil then bake for 1 hour.
- Remove foil, I added even MORE cheese, then bake for 10 more minutes, or until cheese is golden brown and bubbly.