Let me begin by saying that I have a few must have items when I go anywhere and my water bottle is fairly high on that list. I stopped using single use water bottles years ago and since then I have become rather obsessed with buying new ones and finding the perfect bottle.
However, the perfect bottle is not perfect for all things. Some are good for running around, some for making sure you drink loads of fluids, while others are perfect for tossing in a bag and taking with you. That’s what this post is all about.
So without further ado, here are my top 5 water bottles, why they are perfect to throw in a bag, and why I love them oh so very much.
- I’m going to begin the list with EarthLust. These bottles are metal, fancy, functional and kinda beautiful. The art that goes on these bottles makes you not want to wash them for fear you’ll rub off the gorgeous-ness. Personally, I have the 1 liter version but they also come in 13 and 20 ounce sizes. An EarthLust bottle is specifically for cold liquid, and they recommend hand washing and not using carbonated beverages. They are however in the process of creating double walled insulated bottles, so I’m looking forward to that. Downside is this one doesn’t fit in the cup holder in my car.
However, if you’re heading out on a hike or know that you may need a bit more fluids, this is perfect. It’s pretty durable, but if you’re tossing it in a handbag it can be a little heavy.
This is my EarthLust bottle and you can find it on the website for $21. PS They also have a sale page 🙂
- Meet Bobble. I had been eyeing these bottles for quite some time and on a whim I decided why not. The main reason I bought one was because I was filling from tap water and wanted it to be filtered. Bobble has created a line of funny shaped bottles that are durable, functional, and filter out all of the ick from a faucet. That’s what makes this a great bottle for travel. No matter where you are you can get cleaner water straight from your water bottle. The sport version is squishy, while the original is a harder plastic, but both are light and easy to tote around. This is another that doesn’t fit in my car cup holder though but that doesn’t stop me. They now have infuser bottles too….may need to add that to my list. Also, they are also a seventh generation company now, so there’s that.
I have the classic in a 20oz.
- Alex. Always Live Extraordinarily. These bottles are just plain cool. So this bottle twists apart. Yes, that’s right. They cut in half and you can create different sized bottles. The Alex bottle is metal and again, hot beverages are not allowed, but that’s not a deterrent for these bottles. Thanks to their ingenious design, you can put just about anything in these bottles. Smoothies, powdered anything, wine, drink mixer, you can use the bottom as a bowl, think cereal on the road. Plus, the bottom fits into the top which makes it great to toss into your luggage. Split the bottle in half, shove your socks in it and you haven’t lost any room.
I have a 26oz-er and it was $32.99. On a side note, they also sell one that’s glow in the dark. I wish I had this for camping!
- Welcome to the world of the Anti-Bottle, Vapur. These bottles are probably the most unique on this list, mostly because they’re not bottles at all. A Vapur bottle is like a refillable Capri-Sun container. The best thing about this is that when full they hold a decent amount of water, mine is 18oz, but when you’re done the magic happens. These full size bottles turn into little fruit roll ups. IDEAL for travel. They take up zero room until you need them. They are light to carry around and can withstand virtually anything.
Anyway, these ones vary in price, but most are in the $10-$15 range.
- Last but certainly not least, S’well. These may be my all time favorite bottles. For starters they are double insulated so they’ll keep it cold for 24hrs, and hot for up to 12. I have put redbull in these and still had carbonation THE NEXT DAY.
What’s amazing about S’well is that they also work with UNICEF, American Forests, and Drink Up. Which means that you’re helping even more when you purchase one. Not only are you not using plastic and polluting but your contributing to one of these incredible foundations. Their sizes range from 9oz, 17oz, and 25oz which means they can even hold a bottle of wine. I love these for travels because I feel like the fluid is always at a temperature that I want it at, it’s fits in my car cup holder, and every water bottle holder, ie my bike. There are a few downsides though, it’s hard to get ice in them, and they can be a bit difficult to clean.
These bottles definitely aren’t cheap though. They start at $25 and go up to $45.
Well, there they are. My top five beautiful bottles. Do you have a favorite that you always use and depend on?