I just got a message on facebook asking what kinds of foods I eat with Kalydeco,
Kalydeco is a fat soluble medication so it must be taken with fatty foods. Here’s the kicker though, no one seems to be able to tell me how many grams of fat are necessary for each pill.
My biggest struggle is finding moderately healthy fatty foods that can be eaten all of the time. Here’s my list:
- Smart food popcorn
- Hummus (I also use pita bread or chips)
- Toast with avocado and a hard boiled egg (my fave)
- hard boiled eggs
- Jelly Toast-bread, butter and jelly
- Chocolate (duh)
- String cheese
- I keep energy bars in purse at all times in case I’m out running around
- Peanut butter
- Cereal (drink the milk!)
- cheese wraps-I will roll up deli meat and cheese
Those are some of my top fatty (semi-healthy) Kalydeco foods.
Hope this helps!